Friday, July 24, 2026

July highlights

 

Addy painted my nails for me on July 1st! She has this fun set up in her room. 

These are my favorite nails she has painted for me so far. I always get compliments on my nails. I proudly tell them that my 14 year old daughter paints them for me. I buy her a shirt as payment. It is a win win for both of us!
My best friend Marilee wrote a book!! It came out on June 18th and I immediately ordered my copy.  I finished reading it in July. We have known each other since were were 13 years old. I am grateful for our friendship that has lasted all of these years. Her book was hard to put down.  It is a Regency/Romance book which is one of my favorite genres. It had history, clean romance, mystery, and adventure. I enjoyed how it focused on breaking free from societal norms of the time. One of my favorite quotes is, "I have no great objection to the pursuits society allows a lady," she said slowly, willing her to speak the words she had never confessed aloud. " But I find that they are not enough. Embroidery, afternoon calls, shopping for a new bonnet-they have their place, but I want to be useful.  I want something more than the life laid out before me. Just two days ago, you saved a little boy's life.  And now you are building a bridge." She twisted the edge of her cloak between her fingers. " I wish to do something that matters." You can buy a paperback of digital copy of her book on Amazon. I can't wait for her second book to be released!

Addy went on her first pioneer trek on July 13-16th. She loved having her best friend Lacy in her group. Addy sewed her pioneer apron with her grandma Sue. They were the cutest pioneers out there! We enjoyed hearing her stories when she got back home. 

We had a new dessert place open up by us. We went for FHE on July 13th. The churros were huge.  I would like to try a crepe next time. 

Cam had his farewell on Sunday July 19th! He gave a great talk. He will be starting home MTC soon and then will be serving in the Philippines. We are excited for him!

Halle sat down and played her guitar on July 21st. I'm proud of her for teaching herself how to play a new instrument. She learned how to play Americas song, "I have been through the desert on a horse with no name."
The fire restrictions were lifted and our neighbor was able to do his awesome firework show on July 24th!  I love that we were able to watch it from our own backyard. 

No comments: