Sunday, July 5, 2026

Flight with Parker!

 

Parker promised me several months ago that I would be the first person he would take on a flight with him. He took me flying with him on July 4th!

We got to the Spanish Fork airport right as the sun was setting. 

He had to move the planes around to get the one we were flying in the back of the hangar. 

I could see fireworks going off in Spanish Fork as we got gas and then got ready for take off. 

I was impressed with our smooth take off. There was only one plane besides us that was taking off that night. 
My favorite part was seeing Parker in his element. It was entertaining hearing him joke around with the other pilots on the radio. 
We flew over our house and the Saratoga Springs temple. It was cool seeing it from this aerial view. 

We also joined many other planes in a flight path circling The Stadium of Fire fireworks. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would watch the fireworks from above the stadium. I did have some anxiety before our flight.  But I felt safe our entire flight. I was impressed with how calm and in control Parker was! I am proud of myself for getting over my fear and being able to enjoy the flight. We were in the sky for over an hour. I'm grateful for this core memory that I was able to have with Parker! 

No comments: